Island Hideaway Dhonakulhi
Lapped by the balmy waters of the Indian Ocean, Dhonakulhi Residences are scattered along the white sandy beach-front of the Island Hideaway. Each Residence, in a compound of over 550 square metres, has an open-plan living area with a timber deck outdoor seating. The French-windowed spacious bedroom overlooks the generously proportioned outdoor Jacuzzi Splash Pool. In addition to the indoor and outdoor Bathroom with its ‘two-person’ hand-crafted bath, there is also an Open-air Alfresco Garden Dining Pavilion and Roof Terrace. The mandatory Maldivian Swing (Undholi) Pavilion completes the majestic Dhonakulhi Residence.
The 7 Funa Pavilions on the beach front with their chalk-white walls promise peace and privacy in a living area covering 176 square metres. Characterised by their own garden, a separate sleeping and living area with teak flooring, open-air bathroom and a wooden patio area facing the beach with two thickly cushioned teak sun-beds, these Villas offer luxury over and above the call of duty. Their design is a declaration of love for nature with an eye for detail. If their architecture leans heavily on nature, so, too, does the colour scheme of the villas with its earthy shades of brown, beige and green. A round table with a two-seater sofa and two cocktail chairs forms the communicative centre of the living area with its integrated day bed and wine-red upholstery. The satellite TV with DVD and surround-sound system and multi-format CD player has been accommodated in a separate cupboard. The bedroom has a super-king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe and a writing table. The bathrooms have a bath and shower and have been tastefully decorated with granite, slate and onyx finishes.
In the world of high class, Resort’s two Hideaway Palaces remain un-paralleled and represent the epitome of exclusivity, privacy and refinement. Each Hideaway Palace is sprawled over an expansive 1,420 square metres of land, located on a golden natural sandbank and erected one facing sunrise, and the other facing sunset. The Hideaway Palace comprises of five exclusive individual Villas which sit on top of a beautiful timber deck and are surrounded by a number of private Infinity Swimming Pools, giving an impression that they are floating on water.
Hideaway Water Suite
Guest accommodation Hideaway Water Suites are a first of their kind in the Maldives, if not the world, and are truly in a class of their own. Erected on wooden stilts in Dhonakulhi Island’s shallow turquoise-blue lagoon and spread over 235 square metres of timber deck, the two stand-alone Hideaway Water Suites have their own exclusive ocean-view treatment room, sauna, steam room, outdoor round bathtub overlooking the tranquil lagoon, sundeck, lagoon access, and complete in-villa spa treatment facilities in which guests can look forward to being pampered by a team of dedicated spa specialists from Mandara Spa. A stay in these havens of peace and serenity will leave the guests fresh, revitalised and rejuvenated. A honeymooner’s delight!
Jasmine Garden Villa
The exotic Jasmine Garden Villas are a spectacular expanse of 705 square metres of land that you can call entirely your own. Each of the 5 Jasmine Garden Villas sits on the beach front and has its own exclusive 9.5 metre by 4 metre private Infinity Swimming Pool and garden area. Entrance to the Jasmine Garden Villas is through a Maldivian-style courtyard garden, leading to a spacious lounge overlooking the swimming pool. The Bedroom has a walk-in closet area and en-suite Bathroom with indoor and outdoor bathing facilities and a ‘two-person’ hand-crafted bath. There is also a separate guest toilet and shower room across the Lounge. Guests may intimately dine in their Open-air Alfresco ‘Floating’ Dining Pavilion situated on a ‘mini-island’ that floats on top of the pool or, alternatively, on the romantic Roof Terrace. The Maldivian Swing (Undholi) Pavilion completes the perfect setting for your hideaway from the world.
Spread over 385 square metres, elegantly rustic Raamba Retreats with their open floor-level outdoor terraces and landscaped gardens offer the perfect seclusion for a peaceful retreat. The 7 Raamba Retreats are dotted across the coastline on the beach-front. The Lounge and the Bedroom in the Raamba Retreats are generously spaced. The Bedroom has a walk-in closet area and en-suite Bathroom with indoor and outdoor bathing facilities and a ‘two-person’ hand-crafted bath.
Deluxe Jasmine Family Villa
The Deluxe Jasmine Family Villas (1500 Sqm) feature two bedrooms and a sitting room, ideal for families and groups. This spacious villa has an infinity swimming pool offering complete privacy. A fusion of Maldivian style architecture and contemporary designs, the villa offers true luxury and comfort. Other features include; an outdoor lounge overlooking the pool and the beach, a walk-in closet, en-suite indoor/outdoor bathroom with a ‘two-person’ handcrafted bathtub.
Leisure and Entertainment
The Island Hideaway offers a whole host of entertainment and leisure activities for those that want to do a little more than nothing! The following is a snapshot summary of some of the recreational activities we offer:
The Hideaway Library
- Hideaway Water Sports
- Tennis, Fitness Suite, Beach Volleyball, Bicycle Riding and Silat
- Sunset, Sunrise, Night and Big-game fishing
- Cultural Excursions
- The Hideaway Bazaar
- Sifani London Jewellery Boutique
- Mandara Spa Shop
- Meridis Dive Boutique
- Desert Island Retreats
- Aerial Photo Flights
Whatever takes your fancy and whatever the time of day or night, our resident Chefs remain entirely at your disposal. They can conjure up a myriad of succulent gourmet dishes to tempt your sensations and satisfy any taste at any time. Our Chefs can suggest a menu specially designed for you using the freshest of fresh ingredients or can personalize a menu to excite your palate. Maldivian cuisine draws heavily on fish and is similar in some ways to Indian. Yet the dishes that are served on The Island Hideaway are much more varied and sophisticated than just fish alone. Our cool coral sandy-floored Matheefaru restaurant offers international and Maldivian cuisine.
The Built Over Water Restaurant Gaafushioffer fine dining serves authentic Asian cuisine and seafood specialty. Lovers of Japanese cuisine will also be delighted to hear that the Island Hideaway Resort offers the same.
Those wanting to while away the evening to exotic drinks and snacks will find the Meeru Bar the perfect place. Our Meeru Bar, situated on the beach, has a unique design in that the roof structure is like the inside of a boat’s hull and the deck area extends over water giving fantastic sunset views. We attach a great deal of importance to the quality of our produce. All our produce comes from the very best sources and fresh fish is caught locally and delivered to the island on a daily basis.
A swim-in pool bar is situated in the pool, with a wide selection of drinks and snacks, from cocktails, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, freshly squeezed juices just to name a few. The Pool is located on the beach, next to Meeru Bar, overlooking the turquoise lagoon. The sundeck by the pool is perfect for sunbathing, while sipping on your favorite cocktail from the bar for a lazy afternoon.
The Ultimate Indulgence at the Hideaway Spa by Mandara
If pampering your body and soul and achieving total peace and tranquillity is your idea of heaven, the Hideaway Spa by Mandara has it all. Created with sensitivity to the guest experience, the design emphasis of the Hideaway Spa is on space, privacy and luxury. The spa design is supported by a service style that considers the guest’s need for escape, unobtrusive delivery and extraordinary attention to detail. Like other Maldivian spas before it, the Hideaway Spa capitalises on the dramatic Indian Ocean location. The difference here is that the sun, sand and sea theme continues throughout with internal waterways and waterfall walls, open areas and feature sand floors. Our Hideaway Spa finishes have been carefully selected and the combination of coconut and teak timber furnishing, sukabumi stone, java rosso tumble stone, sandstone, pink slate, onyx and silk fabrics culminate to overwhelm all of one’s senses. Unique, intimate and romantic, the Hideaway Spa encompasses 4 Spa Land Villas, 2 Lagoon Spa Pavilions.
Renewal of Wedding Vows Package
- Garland welcome at Island Hideaway, Dhonakulhi
- Manicure and Pedicure for the couple at Hideaway Spa by Mandara before the ceremony
- A Flower Bouquet for the Bride and a Flower Bootonia for the Groom
- Traditional Maldivian Wedding Ceremony at a preferred location by the ocean, with traditional music and a flower shower
- Exchange of Wedding Vows in the presence of the Island Chief, family and the invited guests
- A Champagne toast for the couple served with a three tier cake
- Canapes and Sparkeling Wine served to the family and guests
- A Romantic Sunset Cruise with a bottle of Sparkeling Wine
- A Romantic Candlelit Dinner with a choice of “Reef Lobster” Menu or 5 course “Mixed Grill” Menu with a bottle of wine at the location of your choice
- Special turn-down service with flower decorations in the bed and bath, and chocolate nibbles by the end
- In-villa Champagne Breakfast the next morning
- Romantic Picnic Lunch at the location of your choice in the island
- Marriage Cer tificate and a special souvenir, in-house digital photo CD with a photo album will be presented before departure
- Island Hideaway is one of the very few resorts in the Haa-Alifu Atoll
- The resort's marina is the first of its kind in the Maldives
- Island Hideaway has utilized barely 5% of the Island and lagoon, thereby leaving 95% in its original state, untouched by the hand of man
- 24-hour in-Villa room service
- The resort's guest villa complexes are some of the largest of any resort in the Maldives
Inner Maldives Score
Resort Knowledge Section
- Location: Dhonakulhi, Haa Alifu Atoll
- Resort Type: Beach, Wedding, Diving
- Room & Suites: 07 Funa Pavilion, 07 Raamba Retreat,18 Dhonakulhi Residence, 02 Dhonakulhi Res. w/ lap pool, 02 Hideaway Water Suites, 07 Jasmine Garden Villa, 03 Deluxe Jasmine Garden Family Villa- two bedroom, 02 Hideaway Palace
- Restaurants: 2 Restaurants & 2 bars
- Transfer: Domestic Flight + Speedboat
- Distance Time: 45 minutes scenic photo flight from international Airport and 20 minutes ride to dhonakulhi
- Spa: Hideaway Spa finishes have been carefully selected and the combination of coconut and teak timber furnishing, sukabumi stone, java rosso tumble stone, sandstone, pink slate, onyx and silk fabrics culminate to overwhelm all of one’s senses.